September 20, 2011

OOW: Black & Blue

NOTICE: This post is not about Black and Blue one of the worst Backstreet Boys albums.

Dress, Cardigan, Scarf: Target

Growing up I learned from my two older sisters, who were my fashion mentees, that you don't mix blue and black or brown and black. I spent many many years, probably to many, following these rules making sure I never wore my brown Dr. Martins with any black jeans or blue top with black pants. 

Today I am happy to say I am no longer applying these rules to my wardrobe!! I now LOVE the look of dark blue with black, and wear it more often than my sisters would probably like me to. Even though my sassy little self of mine is probably scolding herself...I don't care! 


Here I am breaking BOTH rules! Black with brown AND blue!!!


I got these new boots and HAD to wear them..I put them on as soon as I got home from a meeting at school! For the meeting I wore a pretty pair of flats, giving the look a more professional one. I love that a pair of shoes can change a whole feeling of an outfit!

Here is a closer look at my accessories:

Purse: Urban Outfitters

Ankle Boots: Big W

I'm linking up with:
pleated poppy






No comments:

Post a Comment