May 30, 2012

.WIW: 1/2 marathon gear.


At the beginning of the month I ran my first half marathon (13.1 miles) with a friend! I trained for over 7 weeks for this run, the longest I have trained for anything!! No matter how hard you train, sometimes what you wear also helps you finish the race. I wanted to share with you what I wore during the race. This is a good guide for anyone who is looking to get into running or planning on running a big race.  


1. Dry Fit Shirt ( from Target, wicks away the sweat so your shirt doesn't become heavy) // 2. ADIDAS hat (had for yeeeaaarrrs! It really helps keep the sweat out of my eyes)  // 3.  Bras: 3 bras to be exact! I wear a regular underwire, a cheap plus size sports bra, regular sports bra ( just an fyi: I am a DD, so I need lots of support)  // 4. New Balance running shoes ( I just wear what the running store says it right for me)  // 5. Starter Sports Shorts ( I also have running shorts but they chaff during longer runs)  // 6. REI Wicking Underwear ( great to wear when not wearing running shorts)  // 7. Runners World Running belt ( held my id, extra money, keys, and energy chews)  // 8. FitSok running socks ( love them! they are soft, comfy, and keep your feet dry..plus they are locally made!!!)  // 9. Amphipod Arm Strap (holds itouch and has extra pockets) // 10. Bandana  ( I had a cold so I was going to use it as a hanky. I ended up just tying it around my wrist and using it as a sweatband)



Put all the elements and this is what you get!! 

I also wear my old eye glasses when I run. 
My regular ones get dirty really fast and I don't want to ruin them with my sweat!

If you have any questions about what I wore/wear 
OR 
wanna share what you wear when running

I would love to hear from you so please leave a comment!




2 comments:

  1. Helpful --- thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! It is all fabulous!

    I would be absolutely honored to have you link this up on my Casual Friday link up party starting today, it would be perfect!

    Thanks!
    Allison
    http://twothirtyfivedesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete