July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

 When I was a kid every year my mom, sisters, and I would wake up early in the morning to head up to Valleyfair, the amusement park in MN. The night before my mom would pack a large cooler with summer sausage sandwiches, pop, and treats while I laid in bed wide awake, to excited to sleep. We would arrive at the park right when it opened and stayed until after the fireworks. I would run right to the Merry Go Round, always starting my day off riding the horse up and down and round and round. I loved this tradition, it was one of few family traditions that we had. I looked forward to it every summer, the one day when we all would be together and have as much fun as possible! My oldest sister still carries this tradition out from time to time with her family, I hope to do the same with mine.

Here are some pictures that represent the Fourth of July for me:

Home: Small Town America



Baseball

Freedom


Valleyfair 
My mom and niece on my mom's favorite ride - Thunder Canyon
Fireworks

Pursuit of Happiness

Fourth of July means different things for different people. 
What does it mean to you?
How do you celebrate the holiday?





No comments:

Post a Comment