December 30, 2011

.2011.

Woozah! Can you believe it, another year come and gone! It seems like as you get older the years go by faster and faster. I still can hardly believe that in 24 hours it will be 2012! When you were a kid, didn't you think that in 2012 we would all be in hover cars, flying around in space? I know that I did, I think maybe The Jetsons had to much influence on me!



If asked to describe 2011 in one short sentence I would say: It was the year change began.  2011 was the year we made a HUGE decision to pack up our bags, move them across country, and then move ourselves to Australia. We chose to follow our dreams, go on an adventure, and take a chance on life. It was a year when we celebrated one grandmothers 90th birthday and another's passing.  It was a year when we fell more in love with each other than ever before, pushed each other, and challenged each other. It was the year we grew closer to family even though we were farther apart. It was the year that we lived abroad for almost half of the year (5 months), when we arrived in the country with just our suitcases and backpacks.



When thinking about 2012, I get excited because everything that we have done in 2011 is leading us to a great year in 2012. 2012 is going to be a year of change for us! We will be living back in MN, thinking about starting a family, getting a dog, finding jobs, planting our roots in one place, and living a healthy, active lifestyle. I honestly think that 2011 and 2012 are the two years that are going to be the building blocks of our future.


How was your 2011? 
What are you most excited about looking into the new year? 

Make sure you check out my 2011 pics! I have taken 291/365 days this year, that means 75% of the year has been documented!! That is amazing! I missed only 74 days out of the year, which is okay because as you know life can get crazy at times!!

HAVE A SAFE AND GREAT NEW YEARS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment